We are here on how to fix Bluestacks Can’t Start Engine on your Windows 10 PC. There is no need to doubt Bluestacks has become the choice of many Windows 10 users who want to play or run Android games and applications.
Some of the problems you face when using Bluestacks are once you get a notification that Bluestacks can’t start the engine. Take it easy, once you get to such a problem in this guide you will understand the various methods to fix this problem follow the methods below.
How to Fix Bluestacks couldn’t Start Engine
1. Change Graphics Mode and Storage
Please note that in order for Bluestacks to run successfully on your Windows 10 PC, Bluestacks must use DirectX or OpenGL graphics mode. The definition of OpenGL is automatic visual mode after you install Bluestacks on your Windows 10 PC. Once you experience this problem, it is best to try to do graphics mode from OpenGL to DirectX.
Following are the steps to follow when changing your graphics and storage modes.
- Launch Bluestacks and navigate to Settings
- Then Click Machine then Select graphics mode and select choose DirectX
- After that, click on engine and you have to set it to change the Memory.
- once you are done, click on Save. Then Restart Bluestacks for the settings to use.
After that for the storage section you should place the recommended Custom Memory Storage and don’t forget to coat the CPU core according to your PC’s processor after you have completed the above steps. Then restart your PC then run Bluestacks again.
2. Disabling or Uninstalling All Antivirus Programs
It’s important that you know one thing that won’t allow Bluestacks to run as long as a Windows 10 PC is an antivirus program. You will need to remove any antivirus software you are currently using or simply disable Windows Defender for Bluestacks in order to work properly on your Windows 10 PC.
Uninstalling Antivirus Software
The first step to Start uninstalling other antivirus programs on your PC, you have to open the instrument panel and open the Program and choose to Uninstall the Program then the replacement tab will open the File Explorer tab after that search for the antivirus program and right click it and choose to uninstall.
Disabling Windows Defender
- To disable Windows Defender open Windows Security.
- Then attend Virus & threat protection.
- Next head to virus & threat protection settings, go to Manage Settings.
- Turn of real-time protection.
By following the method above you have disabled Windows Defender on your Windows 10 PC.
NB: You must disable any antivirus software that you use on your PC.
3. Install the newest Bluestacks Version
And also while you are still using an outdated version of Bluestacks you will likely encounter this problem. Update immediately to get the version that has been released Currently the latest version of this Android emulator is Bluestacks 4.
Because, if you are using an earlier version and experiencing this problem, then you want to uninstall Bluestacks and download the latest version of Bluestacks.
When you want to wipe clean all Bluestacks devices from your PC completely, and no files, registry entries or folders are left on your PC. What you need is a powerful uninstall software like IObit Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller Pro.
If you are not in a position to download an uninstaller program, you will follow these steps.
- attend Settings by pressing Windows + I
- Then open Apps & Features
- Select Bluestacks then click Uninstall
After the process has done, you will want to download files and folders inside a temporary folder follow the procedure below.
- First step Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R.
- After that type to try and press OK.
- Open the Bluestacks Folder and choose all files and folders by pressing CTRL + A
- Finally, delete the temporary folder Bluestacks permanently by pressing Shift + Del.
When you have finished uninstalling Bluestacks using the method above, you will need to install the latest Bluestacks version. Download the latest version of Bluestacks by going to Bluestacks.com choosing 64-bit setup.
Finally, install the downloaded Bluestacks so that your screen appears and don’t forget to vary the graphics mode to DirectX when the installation is complete.
4. Upgrade/Update Your Bluestacks Version
You can also try the following methods by upgrading or updating the version of Bluestacks that you are using.
How does one do that?
- First step, you are still using your Bluestacks Version which is 184.108.40.2065 which is better to upgrade or update to the latest version directly which is Bluestacks 4.
- After that visit the official Bluestacks website to download the Android emulator.
- Then double tap the setting because it will automatically upgrade your Bluestacks version.
NB: Please note that if your current Bluestacks Version is 220.127.116.115 and higher and less than 18.104.22.1685, you must first update the Bluestacks version by double tapping the settings you downloaded.
5. End Bluestacks Tasks
The next method is to end all Bluestacks tasks by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously to open the Task Manager. After that you have to right click on the running Bluestacks process and click End Task.
When your process is complete the next step is to re-open Bluestacks to launch it again and everything should run smoothly without any problems.
6. Update your Windows 10
Windows devices will do a new update for those who are using Windows 10 PC. So if your PC doesn’t turn on so far such problem might be happening Hence update your Windows 10.
Just follow these steps to update Windows 10.
- First step Open Settings (Windows + I)
- then Navigate to Update & Security
- If you have paused your update, click continue updating
- after which the Download will start and the updates will be installed.
- Finally restart your PC then launch Bluestacks.
Minimum Requirements to get Bluestacks into Windows 10
- Your first step should be a Windows 10 PC Administrator
- Set up minimum RAM and ROM space should be 2GB and 4GB respectively
- Already using the graphics processing unit must be DirectX 9.0 and above
Therefore, if it meets these, you’ll install Bluestacks.
The method above is the method you will use once you find Bluestacks unable to start the engine. Try them one by one until you solve this problem and For more questions about Bluestacks, please leave a comment and you will receive assistance.